Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Go Ask Alice

Example

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell them a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call

Call Alice
When she was just small

When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low                                

Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"

Remember what the dormouse said:
Feed your head
Feed your head
White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane

Example

One of my favorite songs to sing when I go out to do karaoke on Fridays.  I can pretty well hit it too.  I have a problem with the high note in the last line … unless I do a shot of tequila first ;)

I have a blast playing rock star.  It used to scare me to death to get up in front of people, but I got over it.  Karaoke isn’t so much about ‘how good you are’ as it is ‘how much fun you have’ doing it.  Nobody cares that I‘m not Grace Slick.  What matters to them is that you chose a song they think rocks and they sing along too. 

I love music in all its many forms, but I’m partial to old school Rock-n-Roll …most especially 60’s and 70’s rock.  Yeah, I’m showing my age but damn we had some good tunes!

How about you?  Leave a comment and share some of your favorites with us.



6 comments:

  1. love most music except country and jazz :), but you would NEVER get me to sing in public lol....LOVE LOVE the pictures, specially the Caterpillar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twain12,
    Do I understand that you don't like country music. Well, they'd string you up here in Alabama for such crazy talk :)
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. always loved that song...and the pic's are very cool too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent details on the caterpillar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love singing kareoke and even won second place in a kareoke contest in Summerville. I love to sing just about anything.....from Evanescence (even though I am not a fan of the band really) to Heart to Allman Brother Band.

    Rock and roll all the way baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you seen Tim Burton's version? It's easily one of my top favorites of all time.

    Interestingly enough, I didn't know anything about the movie coming out, but had a very Alice kind of dream, shared it with a friend who then told me about the movie release date.

    Unfortunately, I'm only up to November 2008 on the dream posting, so it will be awhile before I get to sharing that one. Still, something tells me that you are going to like it.

    :)

    So happy to have found you here.

    ReplyDelete