Friday, September 24, 2010

Flutterbys




Example




Okay, here are the pictures that were my reward for finally making it outside on the Equinox.  I hope I have them small enough because the up loader still refuses to work for me.  The orange ones are a Gulf Fritillary (thanks Laura, I learned that from you) and the yellow ones a Swallowtail both of which were kind enough to pose for me.



Example


Example


Example






In the Bradford Pear Tree out front "Rocky" here was demonstrating what the first day of fall was all about.


Example


 I swear he was hanging by his TOES,  I tried to get his feet in there so you could see but he wasn't that cooperative.  Of course, standing there quietly and snapping pictures exhausted me and I needed a nap when I came inside but it was so worth it.

7 comments:

  1. Another post of sensational pictures. But, I have to say, I absolutely love the word flutterbys. I hope you had a well-deserved nap afterwards?
    The enigmatic, masked blogger strikes again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures look so crystal clear. Squirrels can do the most amazing aerial tricks at times in a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. I love the squirrel hanging by his toes! I've tried to get close up pictures of those elusive little guys, but have never had the patience to sit still for that long. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome shots!!!! i love them all...especially the squirrel!! GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son and I are sharing a giggle over the squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flutterbies certainly were co-operative! The squirrel is great, what a poseur.

    ~Juniper~

    ReplyDelete