Sunday, October 24, 2010

THE GOLD FRAMED DOG



Many thanks to Gary of klahanie, who is obviously a man of refined taste.  After all, an internet star such as Penny (pictured in the above award) wouldn't have just any ordinary pet.  If you haven't yet discovered this sweetheart of a guy, this would be a fine opportunity to check out his blog.  He's warm-hearted and kind and has a slightly warped sense of humor that any readers of mine should really appreciate.

I'm honored to be among the first to receive this award created for animal lovers everywhere.  It's a fun award without a lot of silly rules (can I get an amen from the anarchists among us?) and is species tolerant.  It is to be displayed or passed on as the recipient sees fit.  In Gary's own words ...

"If you do choose to pass it on, it does not have to be forwarded to someone who has a dog.  No, if you know of a blog, for instance, that has a great love of garden slugs, hey, that's great!   If you visit a blog that thrills you with their affection for Vietnamese pot bellied pigs, I say, fantastic!   If you know of a blogger who just adores cats....well...ummm.....okay. "

I take my responsibilities seriously and normally, I'd have to think long and hard about who might be most deserving of such a prestigious award.  In this case though, the answer was clear before the thought was even fully formed in my mind and I know Penny would approve.  I proudly present the GOLD FRAMED DOG Blog Award to *drum roll*

Mrs Midnite at Mrs Midnite's Mutterings who harbors the two adorable little terrorists, Star and Sasha.  Don't let these innocent furry faces fool you!    They have lethal tongues and laugh at the law while running roughshod over their neighborhood corrupting children everywhere.  You can read about their exploits there, as well as other interesting tales.

And with that I believe I'm going to call it a night ... before the sun gets up (yes I see what time it is, my sleep schedule has been rather erratic lately) G'night all

****** Edit******
I guess I shouldn't post when I'm so tired I can't see straight.  I had two recipients in mind when I went to post and I totally aired out here and forgot to include Juniper of Dreams and Reality and her handsome boy Django.  And my minds been so muddled the last couple of days I didn't realize it until just now.

So Juniper, please accept  my apologies for botching the presentation of your very own GOLD FRAMED DOG Blog Award.

5 comments:

  1. What a great award!
    I have 2, 18 month old Jack Russell terriers - Max and Paddy, they are the loves of my life. I learn so much from them, about unconditional love, living in the moment, not bothering what anyone else may think and above all, if it feels right do it. Not a bad code for life eh?
    Now going to check out Mrs Midnite - love getting recommendations.
    smiles and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh Ohhh wow an award for having furry demons. Thank you very much, I am so pleased. I will have to remember how to add it to my blog and think of someone I can pass it on too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Juliana- yep, dogs are the best. Jack
    Russells are cool ... bouncing little balls of love and energy.

    @Mrs Midnight- you are welcome very much, I have really enjoyed reading about the reign of terror of your furry rascles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally,
    You were most welcome to receive what is going to be a highly sought after award. This new award, 'The Gold Framed Dog Blog Award', was bestowed upon your good self with great pleasure.
    Who you have forwarded it too is an excellent choice and well worth a visit.
    Thanks for your kind words and Penny is thrilled to have me as her very own human pet:-)
    May this award circulate the blogosphere, spreading joy and goodwill, wherever it visits.
    And Sally, anyone who puts up a photo of spider gets my vote.
    Have a good weekend and take very good care.
    With respect and kindness, Gary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much! Django and I are most honoured :-)

    Django's speech

    ReplyDelete