Thursday, August 18, 2011

Reflections My Glass

                                                     ... and other trick ponies




Father Time
captured
trapped in a glass cage
reflecting an image
that is but a shadow of my self
a moment forever frozen
caught in a time that is not ...
in the space between now and then
 
 
 
 
Sunbeams fracture
into shards of color
the mystical crystal hues
form a dancing rainbow
the essence of a moment
holding its breath
waiting for it's magic to be noticed
 
 
 
 
 
The color of music on the wind
 
 
 
 
A mirror
shows the road that lies behind
mere memories
a reflection of the past
distorted by time and distance
 
 
 
 
As clear as glass they say
yet it seems
transparency is in the eye of the beholder
the solid illusion of
apparent opacity
reveals an altered perception
a dream
one might even say


a psychedelic experience
 
 
Psychdelic Forest Faerie
 
 
Although I did do the cropping and post processing, this last photo was taken by a friend with my camera.


This weeks theme is "Made of Glass"
stop by
drop a link
share the magic
 
 

21 comments:

  1. What a variation in your collection. The colours are beautiful and vivid, but I just love that dog in the wing mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome collection of glass reflections! LOVE the psychedelic & the bottle chimes! OH, and the daddy-long-legs of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine collection of glass, reflections and refractions. But - how many legs did that last thing have? I lost count of the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful photos of glass! You really captured the play of light and color. I don't have a favorite -- they are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all the glass! "Specially the one with the 4 legged kid! And the poem!

    Pretty awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Puppy!! Okay love the poetry! Specially the crystal one and the puppy pic *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poetry, puppies, photography... who needs anything else? The crystals are gorgeous- that many-legged critter, though, takes the cake for me! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy y'all
    Thanks for the kind words. Mine were a bit cryptic I guess, but it happens when I'm not ready to really talk. I've been burying myself in fiction, the much more appealing than real life world of Harry Potter for the last month or so.

    Bob, that critter only has the standard eight legs, although those double paned reflections might confuse anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING , as always. And the poem, wow! A beautifully composed take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was awesome. And that last picture definitely looks like something after I saw after eating these things called "shrooms"!!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful collection! glad you posted them for us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was really, really good! I loved the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the dog in the rearview mirror, that's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures, love the dog in the mirror :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How much is the doggie in the mirror? That is a great picture! Nice poem and the pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't get Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" out of my head from that first pic.

    "Time marches on..."

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photography is so much more interesting than mine! I'm going to have to stop stalking wildlife and birds in favor of some creative shots at the festivals and in town!

    This was inspiring, actually... great post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. First - laughed out loud with the picture of your dog (is it Jack?) in the mirror, great shot. The rest didn't make me laugh, but instead just sit ans stare, the colors, the reflections were great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Call me speechless: These are stunning. And heartwarming (dog's ears in the wind...priceless.)

    Thanks for jumping back into the Thematic fray. I suspect you'll like the next theme, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! It's been way too long since I've stopped by. Your work is like candy for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very Useful pictures, this is both good reading for, have quite a few good key points and I learn some new stuff from it too.
    Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete